Definition of university in English:
noun (plural universities)
A high-level educational institution in which students study for degrees and academic research is done: I went to university at the Sorbonne his daughter is at university
More example sentences
- She was also a university student studying in a really interesting course.
- We hear a lot about how much it costs a student to get a university degree in the UK these days.
- So there is a vast amount of information that's available through academic research institutes or in universities.
the university of life
- The experience of life regarded as a means of instruction.Example sentences
- That is acquiring the knowledge which you will do well to put into practice as you travel to the next stage of your journey through the university of life.
- He brought the perspective of someone who is educated in the university of life.
- I didn't have the benefit of a great education as a young man, but the university of life and travel through golf has been an incredible thing for me.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan