1(Especially of petrol) without added lead.
- Spanish fuel stations supply most internationally known brands of unleaded petrol (gasolina sin plomo) and diesel (gas oil).
- Tax on unleaded petrol was due to rise 1.4p per litre last month but this was held back because of a global rise in petrol prices.
- Service stations now have to display the price of three products which must include the price of unleaded petrol.
2Not covered, weighted, or framed with lead.
- Do you select scented or unscented candles, beeswax, soybean or paraffin, leaded or unleaded wicks?
- Derivatives of the Colchester brooch were now being made of leaded bronze, presumably a cheaper metal, but not malleable so that the pin-spring had to be made separately of an unleaded alloy.
3 Printing (Of type) with no space or leads added between lines.
- A font is 12 points high if the distance between the baselines of two adjacent lines of (unleaded) text is 12 points.
- Traditionally a 12 point font is one where the metal slugs are 12 points tall -- or where the baseline to baseline spacing of unleaded text is 12 points, so an em was the size of the metal.
Petrol without added lead: the car was converted to run on unleaded
More example sentences
- The cheapest was Tesco, at Middlebrook, selling unleaded at 82.9p and diesel at 86.9p.
- They say that the motorist is getting a premium unleaded petrol well below the cost of normal unleaded.
- I was just, you know, filling up with four star, I mean unleaded, you know, petrol.
Words that rhyme with unleadedbareheaded, boneheaded, fatheaded, hard-headed, hot-headed, light-headed, pig-headed, pinheaded, thickheaded, unwedded, wooden-headed, wrong-headed
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: un|lead¦ed
Definition of unleaded in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.