Not able to be mistaken for anything else; very distinctive: the unmistakable sound of his laughter
More example sentences
- Such an intention must be clearly manifested by unmistakable and unambiguous language.
- In fact, being typically British, when I hear those unmistakeable sounds, I invariably find myself feeling incredibly embarrassed even about being in the privacy of my own flat.
- It was the unmistakeable sound of Muzak drifting around the terminus.
plain, clear, clear-cut, sure, definite, obvious, evident, self-evident, manifest, apparent, patent, unambiguous, unequivocal, categorical, palpable, conspicuous, noticeable, pronounced, striking, glaring, blatant, obtrusive, as plain as the nose on your face, as plain as daylight
- Example sentences
- But his pipes do attain clear unmistakability, which is no mean feat considering the ridiculous glut of young garage-dwellers out there.
- The letters were chosen for the ease and unmistakability of three dots, three dashes, and three dots and not for the actual letters of ‘SOS.’
- The hallmark of this marque is unmistakeability; in some cases you might, at first glance, confuse one make of luxury boat for another, but you wont mistake a Pershing and these two are true to that.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: un|mis¦tak¦able
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.