- 1 • trademark (Of pop or rock music) performed or recorded with acoustic rather than electrically amplified instruments: Rod Stewart’s acoustic set spawned an unplugged album that sold three million copiesMore example sentences
- All the bands bring forth a unique combination of intelligent music fused with the unplugged sound of the acoustic guitar as well as the often edgy riffs that are the underground rock band's signature sound.
- Featuring loads of bands playing unplugged acoustic instruments.
- Ono undoubtedly wanted to reveal the beneficial aspects of unplugged performance that Lennon would have most likely thrived within.
- 2(Of an electrical device) disconnected: an unplugged fridgeMore example sentences
- Make sure the computer is unplugged and that you're electrically grounded (touch something metal) before you reach inside the case.
- Mr Murphy said London Fire Brigade advises people to make sure all televisions are unplugged at the socket when not in use.
- The computer was unplugged!
- 2.1Not using any electrical or electronic devices: he wondered what it would be like to live a more unplugged life the kids freaked when I told them we were going unplugged for the next monthMore example sentences
- Yes, we went unplugged for a couple of weeks.
- When I travel, I go unplugged so that I can unwind.
- She fell in love with the farm and wanted to bring families out here for an unplugged day.
More definitions of unpluggedDefinition of unplugged in:
- The US English dictionary