- Having little tendency to react chemically.More example sentences
- John Hartwig and his team at Yale University meanwhile have found a simple way to add a functional group using borane reagents and a rhodium complex catalyst to the commonly unreactive alkanes at a fairly mild 150 Celsius.
- Some unreactive metals react only very slowly, such as copper and lead.
- Cooling molten silica below the melting point results in fused silica, a rigid, transparent substance, chemically unreactive to the vast majority of substances.
More definitions of unreactiveDefinition of unreactive in:
- The US English dictionary