Restore (something that has been scrambled) to an intelligible, readable, or viewable state: viewers use these decoders to unscramble the signal but how do we unscramble our feelings?
More example sentences
- Code books and cipher books were used to scramble and unscramble the messages, but cipher machines were also used, and were faster.
- In other words, the dream is a code to be decoded, a scrambled line to be unscrambled, so that its images can be reduced to their basic meanings.
- Information on how to unscramble satellite TV signal and defeat smartcards was traded in Net chat rooms amongst the accused, prosecutors claim.
- Example sentences
- Drinkable bottles are sent to the filler through an unscrambler, blown by air to conveyor belts connected to the fillers.
- A still further object is to provide an automatic bottle unscrambler that is economical in cost to manufacture.
- Our unscramblers are universally-suited for all packaging industries and are able to handle a wide variety of container shapes.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: un|scram¦ble
Definition of unscramble in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.