- 1(With reference to a lid or other object held in place by a spiral thread) unfasten or be unfastened by twisting: [with object]: Will unscrewed the cap from a metal flask [no object]: the spout usually unscrews or lifts off easilyMore example sentences
- Usually they just unscrew and then you can put it back on when you want to use it.
- On top is the filling cap, which simply unscrews allowing you to fill up with the supplied bottle, although you will need to go buy some distilled water.
- Build the house so that the top lifts off or unscrews for easy cleaning.
- 1.1 [with object] Detach, open, or slacken (something) by removing or loosening the screws holding it in place: he unscrewed the number plates from his old RenaultMore example sentences
- Remove all doors by unscrewing the hinges from the cabinet.
- I quickly unscrewed the bolts and opened the sewage drain.
- On the new vanity, remove all drawers and take off the doors by unscrewing the hinges from the cabinet.
More definitions of unscrewDefinition of unscrew in:
- The US English dictionary