Definition of unserved in English:
1Not attended to or catered for.
- The non-commercial community station seeks to ‘fill needs that other media do not, providing programming to diverse communities and unserved or underserved groups.’
- That's the goal: to spread WiFi to rural communities in Canada and get to the unserved / underserved regions.
- We are losing the future if we continue to let large parts of our population go unserved and underserved.
2 Law (Of a writ or summons) not officially delivered to a person.
- No 3, the Court's letter to the applicant was returned unserved.
- The court heard that a courier had been sent to serve the summons on the company, but it was found to be in liquidation and the documents had been returned unserved.
- The plaintiff has an unfettered choice whether to pursue the action and serve the proceedings or not, being in breach of no rule or obligation if he chooses to let the writ expire unserved.
3(Of a female animal) not mated with a male.
- The catalogue described the heifer as unserved and the plaintiff required an unserved heifer for service by his bull.
- Every heifer sold as unserved shall be so guaranteed and all such heifers (unless sold suckling their dams) shall carry a guarantee that they are capable of breeding.
Definition of unserved in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan