- 1Not made soft or softer in texture: unsoftened butterMore example sentences
- Even if there is a thin layer of unsoftened cheese in the centre, if it's made by this traditional method, it will still have all that flavour and aroma.
- It is an easily usable glue intended for bonding the parts made of the unsoftened PVC.
- When I got this pup, I was specifically told that he eats dry, unsoftened kibbles.
- 2Not made less harsh, stark, or severe: the shade of red is bold, unsoftened by blues or orangesMore example sentences
- In this environment, unsoftened by so much as a cushion or a curtain, his amplified rock soundtrack echoes and re-echoes.
- Not helping is his unsoftened South African accent, which makes much of his dialog very difficult to decipher.
- Unsoftened by the polished silver of the mirror, her face looked tired.
- 3(Of water) not having had mineral salts removed: use unsoftened water for drinking and cookingMore example sentences
- I would perform a simple taste test on the unsoftened tap water and assess if it tastes good.
- Testing electric water heaters over an equivalent 15 months of service found 64 times more scaling on unsoftened water than softened water.
- Will water-softened water make grass dry sooner then unsoftened water?
More definitions of unsoftenedDefinition of unsoftened in:
- The US English dictionary