Not done or acting according to a fixed plan or system; unmethodical: the burial mound was excavated in an unsystematic way they were relatively unsystematic in their use of the data
More example sentences
- Many submitters to the Law Commission said that despite the high ability and sensitivity of many people involved in the coronial process, the current system was haphazard, patchy, unsystematic, and inadequate.
- These advocates of rights regarded the unsystematic, unentrenched British system of rights as totally inadequate.
- Our tort system is somewhat random, unsystematic, nontransparent, and produces dramatic inequalities.
unmethodical, uncoordinated, undirected, disorganized, unarranged, unplanned, unpremeditated, indiscriminate; random, inconsistent, desultory, patchy, fragmentary, sketchy, sporadic, spasmodic, fitful, inconstant, intermittent, irregular, erratic, stray, spot, casual, occasional, haphazard; chaotic, non-linear, entropic, fractal
- More example sentences
- He treats the whole situation cavalierly and unsystematically.
- Translators are not free to omit or alter anything communicated by the original, either systematically or unsystematically, in deference to feminist or to any other (extra-biblical) dogma.
- From his youth he had studied its problems unsystematically; he had a way of going straight to the point in any discussion; and, judged by a literary standard, he was a great master of expository and argumentative prose.