noun[as modifier] Chemistry
- The cation UO22+, present in some compounds of uranium: uranyl acetateMore example sentences
- As the amine sulfate reacts with the uranyl ions, the uranium is converted from a water-soluble compound into one that is kerosene-soluble.
- Then, we fix the adsorbed DNA molecules in their conformations thanks to uranyl acetate and we dry the sample using filter paper.
- The drying step is performed after using a 0.02% diluted uranyl acetate solution for fixing the DNA molecules in their conformations.
More definitions of uranylDefinition of uranyl in:
- The US English dictionary