noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A compound formed by partial hydrolysis of RNA. It is a nucleoside containing uracil linked to ribose.More example sentences
- The nucleotide uridine is never found in DNA and thymine is almost exclusively found in DNA.
- These studies show that sucrose breakdown and starch synthesis are restricted by the levels of adenine and uridine nucleotide cofactors.
- Arginine, uridine, and uracil were added as needed.
More definitions of uridineDefinition of uridine in:
- The US English dictionary