Definition of urinate in English:
Discharge urine; pass water.
- Encourage your child to relax when she urinates so no urine is left in the bladder.
- There is little time between feeling the need to urinate and leakage of urine.
- It is characterised by needing to urinate often and passing a large quantity of urine, and feeling extremely thirsty.
wet one's bed/pants, wet oneself;
cock/lift its leg
informalgo, do it, spend a penny, have/take a leak, shake hands with an old friend, answer the call of nature, pee, pee oneself, pee one's pants, piddle, have a piddle, widdle, have a widdle, tinkle, have a tinkle
North American informalwhizz, take a whizz
vulgar slangpiss, have a piss
- Example sentences
- Everyday we lose about 10 cups of our body water through sweat, exhaled air, urination and bowel movements.
- These muscles relax as the bladder fills with urine and contract during urination.
- This pain and pressure may increase as the bladder fills and decrease as it empties in urination.
Late 16th century: from medieval Latin urinat- 'urinated', from the verb urinare.
Words that rhyme with urinatechlorinate
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.