A marine invertebrate of the group Urochordata, which comprises the tunicates.
- Chordates are divided into urochordates, cephalochordates, and vertebrates.
- For instance, adult urochordates are typically sessile, while many vertebrates are quite active.
- Their report that urochordates are comprised of 4 discrete lineages holds interesting implications for understanding the evolution of tadpole morphology and chordate life history.
Relating to or denoting urochordates.
- This suggests that the disruption observed is specific to the urochordate lineage.
- These data further support the hypothesis that duplication and differentiation giving rise to cardiac and skeletal genes occurred following divergence of the urochordate and vertebrate ancestors.
- The phylogenic analysis implies that the multiple actinin isoforms found in modern vertebrates arose after the divergence of the vertebrate and urochordate lineages.
Definition of urochordate in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.