Definition of uvea in English:
The pigmented layer of the eye, lying beneath the sclera and cornea, and comprising the iris, choroid, and ciliary body.
- The remaining chapters include discussions of tumors of the orbit, eyelid, conjunctiva, cornea and sclera, uvea, and optic nerve.
- Most ocular complications involve the cornea but may also include the conjunctiva, uvea, sclera, retina, and surrounding structures.
- Primary malignant melanoma most commonly originates from the skin; other less common sites include the mucous membranes, uvea, retina, and leptomeninges.
- Example sentences
- Signs to look for include a distorted pupil, cataract, prolapsed black uveal tissue on the ocular surface, and vitreous haemorrhage.
- It should be noted that regional lymph node involvement is rare in uveal melanoma.
- The uveal tract is a group of connected structures inside the eye.
Definition of uvea in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan