The pigmented layer of the eye, lying beneath the sclera and cornea, and comprising the iris, choroid, and ciliary body.
- The remaining chapters include discussions of tumors of the orbit, eyelid, conjunctiva, cornea and sclera, uvea, and optic nerve.
- Most ocular complications involve the cornea but may also include the conjunctiva, uvea, sclera, retina, and surrounding structures.
- Primary malignant melanoma most commonly originates from the skin; other less common sites include the mucous membranes, uvea, retina, and leptomeninges.
- Example sentences
- Signs to look for include a distorted pupil, cataract, prolapsed black uveal tissue on the ocular surface, and vitreous haemorrhage.
- It should be noted that regional lymph node involvement is rare in uveal melanoma.
- The uveal tract is a group of connected structures inside the eye.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: uvea
Definition of uvea in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.