noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- Distillation of a liquid under reduced pressure, enabling it to boil at a lower temperature than normal.More example sentences
- All of the liquid amines were purified by vacuum distillation just before use.
- We also purify the glycerol by vacuum distillation.
- One method, particularly common in Germany, is a process of vacuum distillation, whereby wine, at extremely low pressures at normal room temperatures, is separated into various fractions in a tall column.
More definitions of vacuum distillationDefinition of vacuum distillation in:
- The US English dictionary