- Relating to or denoting underground water above the water table. Compare with phreatic.More example sentences
- Follow this through a duck, into a drier section, and then immediately through a further low wet section that emerges into a very fine vadose canyon.
- This soon rejoins the main passage, and before long the floor breaks through the porcellaneous band, and the passage develops into a somewhat more pleasant vadose trench.
- The unit contains abundant evidence of subaerial exposure, including caliche crusts, desiccation cracks and vadose cements.
late 19th century: from Latin vadosus, from vadum 'shallow expanse of water'.
More definitions of vadoseDefinition of vadose in:
- The US English dictionary