nounChemistry & Linguistics
- 1 another term for valency.More example sentences
- The difference in the valence of phosphorous and silicon provides the free electrons needed for metal-like behaviour.
- These data can only be explained if one assumes that the affective valence of the prime is processed, even though this is not necessary for the task at hand.
- 1.1 [as modifier] Relating to or denoting electrons involved in or available for chemical bond formation: molecules with unpaired valence electronsMore example sentences
- Nonmetals with eight valence electrons are chemically unreactive.
- The electrons in the highest energy level are called valence electrons.
- The metalloids have an intermediate number of valence electrons.