noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A deformity involving oblique displacement of part of a limb away from the midline. The opposite of varus.More example sentences
- The lower extremities were equal in length, and no varus or valgus deformity of the knee was present.
- The associated valgus deformity contributed to osteoarthritic changes.
- Prophylactic knee braces are designed to protect uninjured knees from valgus stresses that could damage the medial collateral ligaments.
early 19th century: from Latin, literally 'knock-kneed'.
More definitions of valgusDefinition of valgus in:
- The US English dictionary