(also vapourer moth)
- A day-flying tussock moth, the female of which is wingless and lays eggs on the cocoon from which she emerged.
More example sentences
- Genus Orgyia, family Lymantriidae: several species, in particular O. antiqua, which is often seen in towns
- A few types of insects live on red maples, including weevils, buff-tip moths, and vapourer moths.
- Its only taken a week for this vapourer moth larva to do one moult.
- Female vapourer moths may not be able to fly, but they are egg-laying machines.