- A quantity having a numerical value for each member of a group, especially one whose values occur according to a frequency distribution.More example sentences
- Hence, this study standardized all cluster variates to a mean of zero and standard deviation of one.
- All variates were analysed using the SYSTAT or the Genstat statistical packages.
- An important consequence of these three points is that the information has to be concentrated in a small number of patterns or variates.
late 19th century: from Latin variatus 'diversified', past participle of variare (see vary).
More definitions of variateDefinition of variate in:
- The US English dictionary