Denoting a lens that allows an infinite number of focusing distances for near, intermediate, and far vision.
- Alternatively, some people use varifocal or bifocal lenses in order to see objects clearly that are both close up and far away.
- Problems were experienced by people who wore spectacles, particularly varifocal or bifocal lenses.
- As if it's not bad enough that I have eyesight that requires varifocal lenses, now even those need replacing.
- So now I make sure I have the lot: varifocals, reading glasses, prescription sunglasses, contact lenses, plain sunglasses for over the contacts, and reading glasses for over the contacts!
- The optometrist saved me a bundle of cash and a great disappointment by telling me of a problem with varifocals I'd not heard of before.
- I'm going to need varifocals this time so, to avoid a shock on the day, I asked the price.
Words that rhyme with varifocalbifocal, focal, local, univocal, vocal, yokel
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: vari|focal
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.