Definition of vas in English:
noun (plural vasa /ˈveɪsə/)Anatomy
A vessel or duct.
- The medulla, supplied by vasa recta, receives less blood than the kidney cortex.
- Microangiopathy of the vasa nervorum (ie, small arteries located in the outer and middle coats of the larger arteries and veins) develop and impair normal blood flow.
- However, aortic dissection associated with vasculitis of the vasa vasorum in SLE is extraordinarily rare.
late 16th century: from Latin, literally 'vessel'.
- Example sentences
- Since caffeine is usually a vasal constrictor, as the caffeine that the body is so used to wears out of the system, it narrows the blood vessels.
- A post-ejaculatory urinalysis should be performed if ejaculate volume is less than 1 mL, except in patients with bilateral vasal agenesis or possible hypogonadism.
- CF in men is accompanied by bilateral vasal aplasia.
Definition of vas in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan