Definition of Vedanta in English:
A Hindu philosophy based on the doctrine of the Upanishads, especially in its monistic form.
- The doctrines of Vedanta were based on the Upanishads, and gave logical and organized form to their mystical speculations.
- All these reforms were attempts at steering the Hindu religion towards Vedanta, which is the backbone of its philosophy.
- She was even attracted to her husband because he was so ‘spiritual,’ having been a monk in the Hindu tradition of Vedanta.
- Vedantic adjective
- Example sentences
- The Vedantic stance is that time, space and objects are not real entities.
- Perhaps the most philosophically sophisticated reincarnational theory (along with certain Buddhist views) is the Vedantic school of Hinduism.
- Rao concludes that it is ultimately necessary to make a fundamental distinction between mind and consciousness, a distinction found in Vedantic teachings.
Words that rhyme with Vedantachanter, enchanter, granter, planter, supplanter, transplanter
Definition of Vedanta in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.