- A person who does not eat meat or fish, and sometimes other animal products, especially for moral, religious, or health reasons.More example sentences
- There are potentially as many reasons for becoming a vegetarian as there are vegetarians in the world.
- Remember that this recipe would be ideal for vegetarians if you used vegetable stock in place of chicken stock.
- Even vegetarians and vegans are not safe from the food scare epidemic.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to vegetarians or vegetarianism: a vegetarian restaurantMore example sentences
- There aren't many vegetarian restaurants in this city, and not everyone can afford them.
- It's a 100 mile round trip but decent vegetarian restaurants are few and far between.
- In fact, I had completely forgotten that we were eating in a vegetarian restaurant.
- More example sentences
- Most of the arguments that deal with vegetarianism are based on personal morals, which means that there will never be a right or wrong answer.
- However, while the West is embracing vegetarianism, developing countries have been going the other way.
- This food crisis has set me thinking about vegetarianism.