- A stone shaped by the erosive action of wind-blown sand.More example sentences
- During intervening dry periods, winds scour the fan surfaces and sandblast exposed gravel clasts to produce smooth faceted ventifacts.
- In reality, their makers are definitely of this land, for it is the wind and sand that have formed these strange offerings, called ventifacts.
- The camera becomes the eye of the wind, forming ventifacts.
early 20th century: from Latin ventus 'wind' + factum, neuter past participle of facere 'make'.
More definitions of ventifactDefinition of ventifact in:
- The US English dictionary