- 1A valve in a wind instrument.More example sentences
- This facility imitates the ventils and may be used to quickly change the timbre of the sound to imitate the performance on two manuals.
- 2A shutter for regulating the airflow in an organ.More example sentences
- Changes in registration by means similar to those provided by the older ventils were still possible, however.
- Langlais grimaced angrily, kicked open the ventils, leaned across as many keys as he could and almost blew the roof off.
- The treble and bass pipes chest ventils for a particular type of pipe voice are connected or coupled together.
late 19th century: from German, from Italian ventile, from medieval Latin ventile 'sluice', from Latin ventus 'wind'.