noun (plural venturis)
- A short piece of narrow tube between wider sections for measuring flow rate or exerting suction.More example sentences
- With a suitable modification the apparatus may be used with a venturi tube for distillation under reduced pressure.
- When the pressure in the venturi is lower than the atmospheric pressure, the gasoline in the float bowl enters the airstream going into the engine.
- The accelerator pump, under rapid acceleration, ejaculates its charge of raw fuel through the discharge nozzles directly into the venturi.
late 19th century: named after Giovanni B. Venturi (1746–1822), Italian physicist.
More definitions of venturiDefinition of venturi in:
- The US English dictionary