Definition of venturous in English:
Willing to take risks or embark on difficult or unusual courses of action: five venturous young men
More example sentences
- These are the riches fit for a venturous knight.
- Small harm is it for any warrior to prove his spear, without malice, on a venturous knight.
- He was a man of daring courage, of resolute purpose, and of venturous enterprise.
- 1venturousness noun
- Example sentences
- His innings are exercises in valour yet absent of unnecessary venturousness.
- Contributory negligence is based on carelessness whereas assumption of risk is based on venturousness.
- My natural disposition was evinced in deeds of daring and venturousness; not so much in boldness toward others.
Mid 16th century: shortened from adventurous.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.