Definition of venturous in English:
Willing to take risks or embark on difficult or unusual courses of action: five venturous young men
More example sentences
- Like all venturous and enterprising people, we are largely endowed with the passion of curiosity.
- These are the riches fit for a venturous knight.
- Small harm is it for any warrior to prove his spear, without malice, on a venturous knight.
mid 16th century: shortened from adventurous.
- Example sentences
- Confidence makes a man venturous, and venturousness casts him into the high road of danger.
- Washington's venturousness and his success—above all his success—shut down those questions about his capabilities that had been whispered behind his back.
- My natural disposition was evinced in deeds of daring and venturousness; not so much in boldness toward others.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan