- Forbidden, especially by an authority: bank fishing is verboten on Strathbeg the list of verboten filmsMore example sentences
- Conservative ideas take on even greater allure for students when the authorities say they're verboten.
- We wanted to develop our success with the MGF but BMW had a roadster of its own and even talking about MG was verboten.
- The war is verboten, out of bounds, off limits, bad form, we've moved on from all that.
More definitions of verbotenDefinition of verboten in:
- The US English dictionary