- 1A green ornamental marble consisting of serpentine with calcite and dolomite.More example sentences
- And the curves of the platform above the dolphins have delicate carved acanthus leaves finished in verd-antique (a green patina).
- 1.2A green form of porphyry.More example sentences
- In the baths of porphyry and verd-antique you had waters cold or sulphurous at will.
mid 18th century: from obsolete French, literally 'antique green'.
More definitions of verd-antiqueDefinition of verd-antique in:
- The US English dictionary