- A red or white wine flavoured with aromatic herbs, chiefly made in France and Italy and drunk mixed with gin.More example sentences
- Deglaze with the white wine and vermouth and reduce slightly.
- Add the herbs and wine or vermouth and boil briskly until the liquid has almost evaporated.
- This bill covers dessert wine, sherry, vermouth, port - the drinks of the matriarchs, shall we say.
from French vermout, from German Wermut 'wormwood'.
More definitions of vermouthDefinition of vermouth in:
- The US English dictionary