1 Another term for spring equinox.
- The performances begin with a Native American Equinox Celebration, which, indeed, takes place today, the vernal equinox.
- However, the signs of the zodiac are and always have been counted in 30 degree segments from the vernal equinox point.
- It occurs on the first Sunday after the first full moon that occurs on or after the vernal equinox.
1.1 another term for First Point of Aries (see Aries).
- The tides are especially high right now, as we get closer to Samhain and the vernal equinox.
- According to the website, Easter falls on the first Sunday following the first ecclesiastical full moon that occurs on or after the day of the vernal equinox.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ver¦nal equi|nox
Definition of vernal equinox in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.