nounAeronautics , US
- The tail fin of an aircraft.More example sentences
- As he investigated the ships, he was approached by a ‘silver twin-engine monoplane carrying two vertical stabilizers.’
- Grab the top of the vertical stabilizer and rock the airplane back and forth while you watch the tailwheel.
- The failed patch had caused the rudder to bind against the trailing edge of the vertical stabilizer - a great catch by the FEs.
More definitions of vertical stabilizerDefinition of vertical stabilizer in:
- The US English dictionary