nounBack to top
- An agent that causes blistering.More example sentences
- Blister agents (vesicants) produce blisters all over your body.
- Chemical agents appear in several types: choking agents that damage lung tissue, blood agents that cause vital organs to shut down, blister agents (also known as vesicants) that damage the skin, and - most lethal - nerve agents.
- It should be further stated that this chemical known as Sanger's reagent is highly toxic, it is also a vesicant and cancer suspect agent, proper handling procedure should be strictly followed.
late Middle English: from late Latin vesicant- 'forming pustules', from the verb vesicare, from vesica 'bladder'.
More definitions of vesicantDefinition of vesicant in:
- The US English dictionary