- A fragrant extract or essential oil obtained from the root of an Indian grass, used in perfumery and aromatherapy.
More example sentences
- The grass is Vetiveria zizanioides, family Gramineae
- Watching grass grow is never boring for the staff of the Bethesda, Maryland-based Vetiver Network - assuming the grass is vetiver.
- For instance, the Baton Rouge biologists have isolated an oil from the roots of a grass called vetiver.
- Testers liked the signature Aveda scent: a spicy, earthy mix of cinnamon, vetiver (a grass indigenous to India, cultivated for its aromatic roots) and rosemary.
mid 19th century: from French vétiver, from Tamil veṭṭivēr, from vēr 'root'.
More definitions of vetiverDefinition of vetiver in:
- The US English dictionary