- A news and information service in which computer data is sent by a telephone link and displayed on a monitor.More example sentences
- Engineers had worked out that they could piggyback extra data on top of the usual TV signal, and a very basic viewdata service was established on 23 September 1974.
- The package can be used to connect with any viewdata-based service and is ideal for travel agents needing to access travel services via Fastrak or Istel.
- It deals with the initial development of the teletext and viewdata systems, up to about the early 1980's, and explains the reasons why the two systems are so similar, despite their different origins.
More definitions of viewdataDefinition of viewdata in:
- The US English dictionary