(also vin du pays /ˌvã d(j)uː peɪˈiː/)
noun (plural vins de pays /ˌvã də peɪˈiː/)[mass noun]
- French wine produced in a particular area and meeting certain standards of quality, superior to vin de table.More example sentences
- By 1997 vins de pays constituted 27 per cent of all French wine produced and the long-term aim is to upgrade even more of the production of the vast Languedoc-Roussillon regions from vin de table to vin de pays.
- Not only famous for being the Oc in vin de pays d' Oc, the area in the south-west of France also has some good, relatively inexpensive appellations.
- The French vin de pays section is very strong and there is a fine port selection.
French, literally 'wine of the region'.
More definitions of vin de paysDefinition of vin de pays in:
- The US English dictionary