noun (plural vins de table)[mass noun]
- French table wine of reasonable quality, suitable for accompanying a meal.More example sentences
- Monsieur and Madame Ginola were not fine wine collectors. ‘They didn't have much money, but the cellar was always full of vins de table,’ their son recalls.
- In reality, Vin de Pays is the second tier of the French quality hierarchy and the category just above basic vin de table.
- What I try to avoid is mass-produced bottom-of-the-barrel troisième cru vin de table distilled from grapes grown in a soil unsuitable for the Chardonnay grape being passed off as potable.
French, literally 'table wine'.
More definitions of vin de tableDefinition of vin de table in:
- The US English dictionary