- 1The state of never having had sexual intercourse: I lost my virginityMore example sentences
- We all got athlete's foot, one lad lost his virginity and at least two people came away with a sexually transmitted disease.
- Most of them are still virgins, or lost their virginity in the last year.
- I lost my virginity to a girl whose name I didn't know, in a sleeping bag on the floor of my mother's abandoned Fifth Avenue apartment.
- 1.1The state of being naive, innocent, or inexperienced in a particular context: the lawsuit will be remembered as the moment the computer industry lost its political virginityMore example sentences
- How to lose your political virginity while keeping your scientific credibility.
- I had lost my oyster virginity in Whitstable a while back, and was keen to re-kindle my relationship with these beautiful bi-valves.
Middle English: from Old French virginite, from Latin virginitas, from virgo (see virgin).