- An attempt to achieve a vision of a future guardian spirit, traditionally undertaken at puberty by boys of the Plains Indian peoples, typically through fasting or self-torture.More example sentences
- It is revealed in the novel that Sam Hunter undertook a vision quest as a teenager in which he met Coyote - who took on the form of a vacuum-cleaner salesman - ‘selling dreams’.
- His guide on the vision quest was spiritual teacher John Milton, who is convinced that ‘political, legal and economic approaches don't go deep enough.’
- Typically, I think one would go out into the wilderness, probably fasting, possibly entheogen-ified, on a vision quest for a number of days.
More definitions of vision questDefinition of vision quest in:
- The US English dictionary