noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A condition in which a person can see but cannot recognize or interpret visual information, due to a disorder in the parietal lobes.More example sentences
- On his award winning work he said: ‘The film is a science documentary about a medical condition called visual agnosia.’
- A common symptom of apperceptive visual agnosia is prosopagnosia, the inability to recognize faces.
- Individuals with visual agnosia cannot recognize or copy drawings of common object such as a car.
More definitions of visual agnosiaDefinition of visual agnosia in:
- The US English dictionary