1 (usually visual aids) An item of illustrative matter, such as a film, slide, or model, designed to supplement written or spoken information so that it can be understood more easily.
- For Neurath, visualization does not merely act as illustration; visual aids are ‘part of the explanation themselves.’
- Mr Garwood became well known for his Sunday morning ministry at the bandstage, when he frequently introduced unusual visual aids to illustrate his sermons and talks to the children.
- Your meeting will typically include visual aids that illustrate the appropriate amount to eat.
2A device used to improve vision, such as a magnifying glass or glasses.
- Researchers are the University of Wisconsin have developed what is surely the weirdest visual aid ever: A device that lets the blind see - by using their tongues.
- Visual impairment may be helped with the use of glasses or other visual aids.
- Not so the directors of Ash Technologies, who certainly believe their portable visual aids for the partially sighted genuinely improve the lives of their users.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: vis¦ual aid
Definition of visual aid in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.