Definition of vitrescent in English:
Capable of or susceptible to being turned into glass: the tartar is rendered more vitrescent by the borax
More example sentences
- Lighter shades of bricks, including for instance gray and ivory, have been shown to produce more of a greenish vitrescent marking.
- The quality or state of being vitreous; glassiness, or the quality of being vitrescent; capability of conversion into glass; susceptibility of being formed into glass.
- Example sentences
- A laser such as a continuous wave Nd: Yag or carbon dioxide unit is configured for optimized vitrescence of an object placed in the path of the beam.
- It is another object of this invention to provide a solution to the problem of vitrescence in the in vitro multiplication of plants.
- Melon vitrescence is a critical problem for growers and shippers as it degrades fruit quality and cannot be detected by nondestructive methods.
Definition of vitrescent in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan