- another term for voodoo.More example sentences
- Rather than following the Afro-Atlantic Haitian religion more properly termed vodun, she had, in fact, been a devotee of the related Cuban religion Santeria.
- Conjure descends from West African vodun and appears in these tales as a natural religion that has taken root in the American Southern landscape.
- Santeria has been portrayed in movies and television since the mid-1980s as a form of Afro-Caribbean ‘black magic’ similar to Haitian vodun, popularly known as ‘voodoo.’
More definitions of vodunDefinition of vodun in:
- The US English dictionary