- There was huge, leather bound series of volumes of Encyclopaedia Celtica.
- Photographs are of reasonable resolution and the whole layout of the book is more pleasing and open than earlier volumes in the series.
- Eventually the series filled two volumes published in March and May 1788.
- He initially conceived of the drawings in the book to be printed in a bound volume that would have no title, no words, and no instructions to indicate which was the top or bottom.
- It has a distinguished collection of over 35,000 volumes including many rare travel books from the 18th and 19th century.
- The library has a current holding of about 2.2 million volumes in print, which breaks down into 148 holdings per student.
- So I went to the college library and started to go through the volumes of back issues.
- Sadly only 3 volumes and 30 issues appeared before it was forced to close.
- Under his management the 100th volume was issued in 1938.
- With negative curvature, space has infinite volume.
- Likewise, a gas will occupy any volume which is made available to it.
- In other words, it takes on the exact shape and volume of its container.
- The amount and volume of material we receive each day is huge and unfortunately sometimes it's impossible to answer everybody's pleas.
- A year later, he upgraded the phone system to handle the growing volume of phone orders.
- The business has also been successful in increasing both the value and volume of orders per customer through better customer relationship management.
- It gives length and volume, so your hair looks natural.
- He applies a lightweight gloss after blow-drying and before curling to help keep her hair's natural volume and fullness under control and to add shine.
- It prolongs the durability of the curl, enhancing its elasticity and volume without weighing the hair down.
- Pianists must rely more heavily on differing volume levels to distinguish voices.
- There are two further console-style buttons on the top of the device, positioned for index-finger usage, and power and volume controls on the base.
- The controls are on top surface of the right-hand satellite speaker but are limited to the power switch and volume control.
- [usually in combination]: a four-volumed boxed setMore example sentences
- It appears to be a book review of a many volumed book attacking the supposed author of the books, and the sentences are convoluted things that rarely come in under 100 words.
- In 1907 he began the publication of his seven volumed work about the Aranda and Loritja tribes.
Late Middle English (originally denoting a roll of parchment containing written matter): from Old French volum(e), from Latin volumen, volumin- 'a roll', from volvere 'to roll'. An obsolete meaning 'size or extent (of a book)' gave rise to sense 2.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.