Definition of volumetric in English:
1Relating to the measurement of volume.
- The odds ratios for all the volumetric soft tissue measurements increased or stayed the same (odds ratio for parapharyngeal fat pad volume decreased slightly) after adjusting for sex, ethnicity, age, and craniofacial size.
- Traditionally, two types of experiments have been used to study swelling behavior of cartilage, including measurements of volumetric swelling and dimensional swelling of cartilage.
- The runoff hose was supplied by a tank reservoir that permitted measurement (i.e., volumetric metering) of the outflow.
1.1(Of chemical analysis) based on measuring the volumes of reagents, especially by titration.
- The other main branch of quantitative methods is volumetric analysis.
- One lecture in 1814 was memorable for its first description of volumetric chemical analysis.
- For high-accuracy chemical analysis and research work, a volumetric transfer pipette is preferred.
- Example sentences
- Much smaller zeolite crystals, but volumetrically much larger and more concentrated, are those that form from the weathering and alteration of volcanic ash deposits in alkaline surface waters.
- Crinoids dominated volumetrically, but other common elements include sponges, brachiopods, bryozoans, gastropods (especially platyceratids), and corals.
- Mafic gneisses, amphibolitcs, ultramafic rocks and paragneisses are most abundant in northwestern parts of the complex, but quartzites, marbles and other supracrustal rocks represent a volumetrically insignificant component.
Definition of volumetric in:
- US English dictionary