A North American fern with long slender tapering fronds that form new plantlets where the tips touch the ground, typically growing on limestone.
- Asplenium (or Camptosorus) rhizophyllus, family Aspleniaceae
More example sentences
- I have been trying to grow walking ferns from spores, with little or no success until this last year.
- Mosses and walking ferns may grow in the cooler air and in the low light of the cave entrance.
- This trail's namesake is a large boulder located near the midpoint that is covered with walking ferns.
Definition of walking fern in:
- The US English dictionary