noun(usually the walking wounded)
- People who have been injured in a battle or major accident but who are still able to walk: they eased the walking wounded down by ropes • figurative both are among the walking wounded and have barely survived previous relationship battlesMore example sentences
- Bodies were lying on the track, some said, as the walking wounded - some badly burned and bleeding - tried to make their way to safety through the choking smoke and soot.
- I treated the walking wounded of the Vietnam War from 1968 to 1970.
- Menard, one of the walking wounded, recounted the fierce response they met in on a bridge at the southern Iraqi city of Nassiriya.
More definitions of walking woundedDefinition of walking wounded in:
- The US English dictionary