noun[mass noun] chiefly North American
- 1A type of board made from wood pulp, plaster, or other material, used for covering walls and ceilings: install waterproof wallboard around a showerMore example sentences
- The repair procedures differ depending on whether it is an older wall with lath and plaster, or a newer wall using gypsum wallboard (drywall).
- The two most common interior wall surfaces are gypsum wallboard, usually referred to as drywall or gyp board, and plaster.
- Fasten the corners of the gypsum lath or wallboard to the existing lath behind the plaster.
- 1.1 [count noun] A piece of wallboard: they have chosen wallboards and ceiling sheets in lieu of woodMore example sentences
- Too eager to be respectful, he knocked more and more forcefully, shaking the brittle wallboards and splintering a few pieces of the flimsy sun-baked wood.
More definitions of wallboardDefinition of wallboard in:
- The US English dictionary